4.10.2009

Garden Series: Where The Wild Things Are

Maurice Sendak's book Where the Wild Things Are was one of my favorite books as a kid, and it's a book I want my son to get into as well. For one of my projects at school I had to create a fashion accessory inspired by a children's book - and of course EVERYONE did Alice in Wonderland... but I thought hard and chose between Madeline and Where the Wild Things Are... so you can guess which one I picked. My family tells me I have a Princess Complex because I love sticking things in my hair or draping them across my forehead, so I recreated Max's crown... but with twigs, dried leaves, a little hummingbird and some other random things. I'm thrilled that they're making a movie out of it, and I hear it has Forrest Whitaker in it so I'm doubly happy. I can't wait to see it! But until then, I guess I just felt the need to do something estravagant, wild and totally irrelevant to popular bridal culture...

Photobucket