6.15.2009

Garden Series: Lilly Pulitzer goes to the Estate

Almost every little girl I know has been forced into an appallingly bright Lilly Pulitzer outfit at least once or twice in her life - much to her disdain and to her parent's delight. I still find it hard to buy any pieces for my boyfriend's nieces probably because I have memories of feigning ignorance at the flamingo pink shorts with neon green palm trees my grandmother bought me for summer. So gaudy yet extremely preppy. I felt that if only they marketed it a little differently at the time I might've appreciated the brand more, but I feel that only now that I'm older I see where the appeal is - even if it still isn't my cup of tea - so I decided to make a board for the little girl who grew up wearing Lilly P. and is now having her big day with the same inspired colors.

Photobucket